Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Happy Tuesday Everyone,

You are going to love this recipe - it is only 5 ingredients!  I ran across this recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cookies on Pintrest, when I was searching for a quick dessert recipe for Valentines day.  There are several variations of the recipe, like putting dye in the cookie dough to make it more holiday festive (red for Valentines Day, green for St. Patrick's Day).

The pictures at the bottom are doubling the recipe you see below, because my taste testers are not only the hubby and Vee, but also all my colleagues at my office. I love baking with Oreo's!  Whether it is for a crust, a crumble, baked inside, or even by themselves dunked in a cold glass of milk.  I have to tell you a story.  When I was younger, I took an entire tin of Oreo cookies, while watching Saturday morning cartoons, and I ate the inside of every single cookie. Not only did I eat the inside of every Oreo, but I sandwiched them back together and then put them back in the tin.  Not shortly thereafter, my dad when in for some Oreo's and he was unpleasantly surprised.  I know, it was a crime to do that to an Oreo!!!



I hope you have fun making these, they are super quick (outside of letting the dough set in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes).  This is one of my new favorite cookie recipes!

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces

Directions:

  1. In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides.
  2. Add the sugar and beat well.
  3. Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating on low speed, just until incorporated.
  4. Fold in Oreos until evenly distributed.
  5. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
  6. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
  7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  8. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough.
  9. Lightly press down on each cookie.
  10. Place pan in oven and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until just golden at the edges.  (They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven - that is what you want).
  11. Cool on baking pan for 10 minutes.
  12. Remove from baking pan carefully to wire cooling rack and cool completely.
  13. ENJOY!!!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Cupcakes - April Cupcake of the Month

Stubbs Hatch Chile Chicken - Crock Pot

Blueberry Pie for the Win!