Giant Chocolate Chip Heath Cookies

So I took my first stab at making this giant cookie recipe for my office, at our group holiday party.  Let me tell you...EVERYONE loved them, wanted the recipe and stated, don't tell my wife or my grandma, but this is the best chocolate chip cookie I have every had.

I have had a lot of trial and error in making cookies.  Either they come out to dry, or they are too gooey in the middle, or they don't lay flat and are to thick.  Well let me tell you...I have mastered this one, and the result will cause you to take a nap or want a cold glass of milk to drink after eating this.

This recipe makes about 21 giant cookies, and takes about 3 hours total from start to finish.  One quick tip that I have found in perfecting butter type cookies is to refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.  This makes the dough easier to work with, and the cookies also come out better.  Also, once the cookies are done and ready to be stored, throw a piece of bread crust in the storage container.  This will keep the cookies from drying out and getting hard.  Replace every other day until the cookies are gone.  In my house it doesn't take very long for the cookies to disappear!

I encourage you to try this recipe at home, and comment below what you think! #GameChanger



Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
    • do not use cold butter - your cookies will not turn out
  • 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking power
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 (11.5 ounce) package of semisweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 (8 ounce) package of Heath toffee bits
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl (I use my Kitchen Aide Mixer), beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl.
  2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
    1. If you have a sifter - run through a couple times.
  4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture (I do a 1/4 a cup at a time), beating well after each addition.
  5. Stir in chocolate morsels and Heath toffee bits.
  6. Place dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
    1. Please use parchment paper, as these are giant cookies (and the centers will stick to the pan if you don't) You will want to transfer the cookies from the baking pan using the parchment paper to lay them onto the cooling wire racks.
  8. Drop dough by 1/2 cupfuls onto prepared baking sheets
    1. I actually us a 1/2 measuring cup and plop those bad boys onto the parchment paper.
  9. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until centers of cookies are set (flattened)
  10. Cool on pans for 5 minutes.  Remove from pans, while on the parchment paper, and cool completely on wire racks.















Comments

  1. These are the BEST cookies I have ever had! They are HUGE and stay soft for days. Way better than any expensive bakery cookie. Do not waste your money any more! Make these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Cupcakes - April Cupcake of the Month

Stubbs Hatch Chile Chicken - Crock Pot

Blueberry Pie for the Win!